Johnson Blog

Friday, September 26, 2008

Reese is 2! (1 1/2 months ago)

The birthday girl in her cool shades (upside down)...that's how she rolls!

So we all know I am not the greatest at this blogging thing, but oh well. Reese's b-day was Aug. 15. We had to do something in Midland so that Randon could be there because football had already started. So my parents, Randon's parents, and Randon's brother and his family all came down to Midland for the weekend. We had a lot of fun! It was very low-key. We didn't invite any friends, just family. On Sunday afternoon the girls and their cousins went swimming at Randon's parent's hotel. They had so much fun. Then we came back to the house for presents and cake. Sometimes I am jealous of the cute ideas other moms come up with for their kids' parties, but for me the big parties are way too stressful. I like the simple, relaxed parties. And to be honest, I think simple is good for our kids every once in a while. They don't get that much anymore! Thanks to all the fam for coming down-we had a great time!!

Sister baking, err, eating birthday brownies

The birthday girl and her daddy

Reese and Aunt Misti splashing

Opening presents

1 comment:

amy wright said...

Sweet girl. And I agree with you, simple is so much better. I felt kind of guilty for not making a big deal out of Olivia's first birthday, but it was so much fun and MUCH less stress.